Being beautiful is a state of mind

It's quite rare to meet someone who thinks that they are beautiful. Like fully believe that they are hot, attractive and beautiful. And it's truly sad, but nowadays with social media it's so easy to compare yourself to others. The illusion and standards of beauty that have been created are so unrealistic and well a photo is simply a photo that is just one moment, one pose from one angle and usually edited. Yet it's easy to be affected by it all and feel that I'm not enough.

I actually saw a few TikToks where girls said that at one point they just decided that "I'm hot now, I'm attractive" and their life changed drastically. They were more confident and happier. All that lead to them having a glow up and yes they were gorgeous because of it. But they were also gorgeous before. One girl said that I don't actually look that much different from when I had low self-esteem, so it's sad that I ever let myself think that I wasn't pretty enough. One girl even made a private Instagram fan account of herself to boost her self-esteem and through that she learned to appreciate herself.

Then I look at my older photos and see that I'm not that much different compared to now. The only difference I see is hairstyle, clothes and attitude. I look at those photos and think "wow I look good", but I know that at the time I was comparing myself and thinking that if I don't look a certain way then I'm not enough. I was so fragile inside. It's sad that I let it keep me down and have a negative effect on my view of myself. My life would have probably been different if I had thought that I was actually pretty. It's incredible how much I try to see myself through others' eyes, like why does it matter that much what others think of me. Everyone is a main character in their own life.

Personally I'm not fully there yet, but I've come a long way. When I wake up and look at that shiny-faced sleepy mess in the mirror, I laugh a bit maybe, but I don't criticize my looks. I know that I'm still beautiful. 

This state of mind has helped me feel better in my skin, hold my head high and actually has reduced my anxiety. A lot of my anxiety comes from social interactions, but for some reason believing I'm attractive has given me the confidence that no matter what happens I'll be fine. It's kind of weird to think that my looks can affect me so much, but it's been found that your impression to others is something like the graph below, so I guess it makes sense.



So I've grown quite tired of my friends complaining that they don't look good, that they're not beautiful. So what if you don't have that button up nose, so what that you have a pimple or two, so what if your facial structure isn't symmetrical, so what if your body isn't like a super model's?! The most beautiful thing is when you appreciate the features you have and who you are.

If you appreciate yourself, you take care of yourself, then find clothes that fit well, style your hair the way you want, wear make-up the way you like - all this is going to result in you looking more beautiful than ever, because you love yourself and that really shows. If you don't think that you're beautiful, then why would anyone else think that you are.

So if you don't think that you are beautiful enough, then it's time to decide otherwise and everytime you look into the mirror without much thought just simply say "wow, I'm hot, gorgeous and attractive". 

It's all in your head...



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE