pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

So I went to a cosmetologist for the first time in my life to seek help with my acne struggles and well facials alone don't fix the issue. She gave me these two products by a brand called pHformula. This brand's products can only be bought from a professional, who has a license to do their treatments and sell their products. Which means that these products are to support the skin after the treatments and between facials. As my cosmetologist said, the skincare regimen at home is a lot more important than facials, so if you can't afford facial treatments regularly, then invest in your skincare routine.




A.C. Recovery is like a treament type of serum. It costs about 61€ and contains tons of acne-fighting ingredients including mandelic acid, niacinamide and salicylic acid. This special formula should help renew and support the skin while recovering.

I have been applying this twice a day, at night I pump a tiny pea-sized amount for my entire face and in the morning I just put a little bit on more problematic spots. To be honest, it's hard to say how much this has done for my face. My skin still experiences good and bad days and I feel like the facial treatments are usually those that can really tame my skin. Still I feel like this serum kind of keeps my skin little bit more under control and helps my skin renew faster, making it smoother and the process of pimples coming and going faster. My cosmetologist said that my skin already looked healthier and better, it was a lot easier to remove/pop unwanted comedones and pimples. Although this isn't a real match against my hormonal breakouts on my chin (I mean nothing but strong acids are), I still see some improvements, but like I said since it is in combination with the treatments, it's hard to say how much this actually does alone. A.C. Recovery lasts about 7-8 months when using daily.

The P.O.S.T. Recovery Cream is probably my new favourite moisturizer of all time, because no other hydrator has kept my oily skin under control like this one and made my skin feel so nice. This contains niacinamide, aloe vera and panthenol - so it's pretty soothing. It has an anti-inflammatory effect and contains antioxidants. The cream costs about 43€. Again a small amount of product is needed to cover the entire face and just a light coverage is enough as it is so moisturizing. After about 4-5 hours my skin still does get a bit oily, but that's just something I have to embrace, because nothing can keep the oiliness away and that's okay. I just have blotting paper or a mattifying powder ready. This moisturizer lasts about 6-8 months depending on how much you use (I use twice a day and during sunny days I use SPF instead).

These two products are the ultimate acne-fighting duo, that over time should also lighten any scars and marks left behind by acne.

The prices for these products vary depending on the cosmetologist. But yeah they're pretty pricey, which scared me a bit at first, because paying for these products + regular facial treatments is not cheap fun. But what I really like about these products is that you need to apply a small amount of product, because both of these are very spreadable, which makes the products last longer. Honestly I would usually have to squeeze 3 times more moisturizer just to cover my entire face, but with this I save a lot more product, so in the end it might not be so expensive. I've definitely learned to appreciate professional salon products more, because their quality and formula is something completely different from the basic retail products and definitely worth it if you are willing to pay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE