oily skin? or maybe dehydrated skin - what reduced my acne

If you've read my blog, you should know by now that my skin tends to get pretty oily and it's been a hassle to sort it out. But very recently amongst dealing with bad acne breakouts, I learned a skincare tip that said to moisturize more and to apply moisturizer and THEN face oils. Before I had used only oil at nighttime thinking that it provided enough moisture. Turns out that NO. During the day I've always used moisturizers, but more mattifying and oil-free products, that just don't moisturize enough. And then during nighttime I also didn't moisturize enough, so maybe my skin has been just very dehydrated all this time.

When skin is dehydrated the pores become larger and produce more oils for nourishment, which leads to clogged pores. But hydrated skin is more plump, glowy and healthy-looking and can deal with some skin concerns better. So this makes sense why my skin has been acting out so much.

Now after cleansing and toning my face, I apply The Ordinary's (TO) Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA and then I pat on top 100% Organic Virgin Chia Seed Oil. TO's moisturizer is really nice, hasn't caused me any breakouts or pore clogging. It is suitable for all skin types and is pretty cheap. Also it contains Hyaluronic Acid (HA), which is an essential ingredient when it comes to moisturzing. I also enjoy TO's Chia Seed Oil and Rosehip Seed Oil. I think facial oils add so many good nutrients to the skin and I also love that they are natural, which provides good support for skin.

Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

100% Organic Virgin Chia Seed Oil

My skin changed so quickly for the better. Less oiliness, most acne inflammation disappeared, now when my hormones go raging, I get only a few small pimples, which is like pretty amazing. So I'd say that moisturizing is SUPER IMPORTANT! I think moisturizer should be an investment as it can do so much good (or bad) for your skin. During the day I still use a mattifying moisturizer.

You can still use any moisturizer and oil that you'd like, just make sure that they are hydrating enough and don't clog your pores.

So I'd recommend adding more moisture to your skincare routine, at least for the PM part and especially to oily and acne-prone skin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE