Inika Organic Loose Mineral Foundation SPF25 - Review

This product deserved a separate post, because it has been here for me for almost two years and I couldn't be more grateful. My cosmetologist swears by Inika's products, saying they're a bit cheaper alternative to Jane Irendale. Currently I own two of these mineral foundations and one travel-sized version. 

The first shade I purchased was Unity P1, which was a bit darker than my natural skin tone, but it was perfect for summer. The travel-sized foundation is shade Unity N1 and I can say that they are quite different. The P1 is more pinkish (hence the P) and for me it seemed a bit lighter, while N1 seems darker with its more yellow undertones. The second time I bought a shade lighter Grace P1 that is my perfect match.


Inika Organic Loose Mineral Foundation SPF25 

I love that this powder builds, so you can choose what kind of coverage you'd like. For those simple days I like to just apply a bit on my more problematic spots and any redness areas. If my skin is looking better, I even take a small concealer brush and just tab a bit on a few spots. If I want to look more glam, it can build up to more coverage, though it takes some time and buffing to achieve that full coverage look (though not as much coverage as with a liquid full coverage foundation). The more coverage you want, the more important a good base for your foundation is. Since this is a powder and applying many layers of it, could cause your skin to get flakey, so make sure to have a nice smooth and hydrated base.

However in my experience mineral makeup isn't as long-lasting on its own. After I have my foundation base, I still go over with a mattifying powder and spray on the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. The main enemy for my foundation is my oily skin, so after 8 hours I can see the foundation getting clumpy in some places. Still this foundation is more long lasting than the Lily Lolo one. 


I mostly use Lily Lolo's baby buki brush for application, but I also have two Inika's buki brushes. One of them is a bit too soft, so it takes a while to get any coverage and the second one is a bit too dense, which makes it hard to spread the powder. Lily Lolo's brush has the perfect softness and density for me.

After converting to a mineral powder foundation, I have no wish to go back to liquid foundations, though they might provide more coverage. Also a big bonus is that this has sun protection! I feel that my skin can breathe better and is happier, since there is no bacteria feeding off of the liquid foundation. So for oily and acne-prone skin I'd definitely recommend trying out this mineral powder foundation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE