Clinique iD Dramatically Different Oil-Control Gel for large pores and uneven texture - Review

Okay so I feel like I have to go and change my “Best moisturizers for oily skin” post, because well, this Clinique gel moisturizer is definitely not the best. Anymore. For me. I absolutely love this innovative idea from Clinique. How come nobody has come out with this customization idea before and really props to Clinique for that.

Clinique iD™: Active Cartridge Concentrate for Pores & Uneven Texture


But the gel moisturizer just doesn’t moisturize almost at all. I have super oily skin so I loved how mattifying and lightweight this was, but after two months I felt that my skin was getting super oily already an hour after application and well enough is enough. I‘m not sure whether my skin has gotten drier and more dehydrated or unnaturally oily all of the sudden, but this product just isn’t for me anymore, which is a shame, because now officially I haven’t had any good experiences with Clinique’s products.  I always get super excited about their products and at first everything is great, but then in a few months they just don't suite my skin anymore. Another thing is that I've had the Clinique Dramatically Different gel moisturizer before and I also stopped using it, when I had about 1/3 left, for reasons I didn't remember, but now I'm having flashbacks.

This product also costs a lot in Estonia, which is kind of ridiculous, but thankfully I ordered mine from LookFantastic, where it was cheaper.



About the iD part, I got the blue cartridge for large pores and uneven texture, which contains AHA/BHAs. It seemed like a good fit for my oily large pore acne prone skin and it was actually quite difficult for me to choose a cartridge, because I felt that I needed about 4 of them at the same time. I'm not really sure whether the active cartridge concentrate did anything, but at least it didn't cause me any breakouts. The website and everywhere else didn’t have much info about what would be recommended for acne, so naturally I gravitated towards the blue cartridge, although just a week ago I finally found on Clinique’s Instagram story that they would suggest the green cartridge for acne-prone skin, which is for irritation, and now I kinda wish I had gotten that. Oh well, anyhow now I have to start looking for a new daytime moisturizer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE