DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE

Went to my regular facial treatment when my cosmetologist turned to me and said "What if we try alkaline wash for your acne scars?". Since my skin has been doing so much better lately and I didn't really have any active acne, so why not try something for my scarring.

However this alkaline wash isn't exactly a relaxing treatment. It's gonna take about two weeks for my skin to fully heal, because this alkaline will cause burning sensation and sensitivity. She warned me that I might have to get blisters just like when you burn your skin. So it wasn't the most tempting offer, but I have many acne scars, so might as well try and get rid of them. Also right now is the best time for me as I can stay at home and not show my face.

At first I couldn't really tell anything when she applied the alkaline, but later when she moisturized my face, ouch that was painful. For the rest of the day my face was a little tight and slightly red, but nothing too drastic. Few areas were a bit painful at the end of the evening, one spot in particular was more painful and actually transformed more drastically. It really looked like my face had been slightly burned. I sent my cosmetologist pictures of my face, so she can keep an eye on my process and actually said that my skin's reaction was a lot calmer than expected, but it should still do the trick.

DAY 2 – My skin is extremely sensitive. Gently washing and patting my face with water and lightly tapping on Dermaceutic K Ceutic post treatment moisturizer. Now my skin has developed crusts in some places. Before bed I rinse my face lightly again and apply a nice amount of pHformula's POST Recovery moisturizer.

DAY 3 – I would describe my skin's texture like a chicken nugget, feeling a bit like a burn victim. One whitehead appeared, but I can't pop or touch it. Pretty much I shouldn't touch my face at all. Just gotta be patient and trust the process.

DAY 4 – I have a lot less redness, but a lot more flakiness. I feel like a snake. Today I could use a gentle facial wash as my skin isn't as sensitive anymore. In the evening I saw that some small blisters had appeared on my lower cheek. My cosmetologist said to ditch the facial wash and apply some gel for burns. Though I suspect it might have been my daily walks in the cold winter with my flaky and sensitive skin that might have caused it.

DAY 5 – My skin is still flaky and rough. Less redness than yesterday, but not that big of a difference. Quite upset about the blisters, which are a bit bigger now.

DAY 7 – Less flakiness and dryness than there was before. My blister has formed a scab, so it's healing. Some small whiteheads come and go on my chin. Gently using facial wash again. Though it's nice to have a shorter skincare routine, I quite miss using other products besides moisturizer.

DAY 9 – I'd say my skin is now how it was before the treatment. Maybe a bit clearer and less inflammation. No more rough or flaky skin. Only my blisters healing and a bit of redness. I don't really see a big difference in my acne scars, but apparently it takes about two months to see if the treatment worked for me or not.

DAY 13 – Skin is quite back to normal. Some small red bumps and pimples have formed, but nothing much.

DAY 21 – My skin is quite sensitive and has a lot of redness, which I'd attribute to the current winter weather. I had an inflammation breakout on my chin and upper lip. On my forehead the spot, where she kept the alkaline on longer, still hasn't fully healed.

DAY 26 – I got my usual DMK facial for acne and my cosmetologist said that there were less acne scars visible and could see that some scarred holes had filled up as well, but I'd need another treatment as this one time isn't going to fully heal my skin. 

For this year however I'd rather not go through this again as the process wasn't exactly pleasant and cheap, where at least for a week I didn't really want to go somewhere public and my already sensitive skin was more sensitive. Overall, looking at my skin, it worked for my acne scars as there are less dark spots visible. So if you have deeper acne scars, this treatment can help you, but since the treatment should be done a few times, I'd say I'm not a fan as this process resembled those strong acid treatments where your skin peels off. But it still is a cheaper alternative for healing scars than laser treatments. I guess I'll see if I'd want to go through this again next year.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing helpful information, I really like your all post.

    Check out the DMK Beta Gel Serum review to see how our customers are happy with the results. Get a perfect solution for all skin problems from Incandescent skin now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review