First impressions - Joik BB Cream & TheBalm BalmShelter

I am so tired of buying makeup/skincare products and then being disappointed. I've been trying to find a good BB cream/tinted moisturiser to get a shine-free, even complexion with sun protection. So I did my research, made a top 3 and went shopping. I know that in some stores you can ask for testers, but when you can't, then you should do what I did. I had 2 small empty containers and I discreetly pumped a little of the cream's testers into my containers. Because testers in stores are meant for testing, then why shouldn't I use them. Here are my first impressions of these two testers.

Joik BB cream light contains E-vitamin rich argan and wheat germ oils to moisturise and protect skin. It has a natural protection against UV rays. The BB cream evens out skin tone, hides small imperfections (sheer coverage) and leaves skin matte for 1-2 hours (I have really oily skin). But this also leaves a light layer of cream on my skin and doesn't completely sink in, which I didn't like. It is good for 12,90€, but I need something that keeps oil under control.



TheBalm BalmShelter tinted moisturiser I just loved. This blended so nicely into the skin, like melted and left my skin glowing. It was weightless and left my skin silky smooth. The moisturiser has SPF 18. The coverage was light, but buildable to medium. This evened out skin tone, hid some imperfections and choosing the right shade is important. I felt so confident wearing this and it made me feel really good (especially when it was matte for 1-2 hours). But I wanted a shine-free complexion and to pay 24€ for something too moisturising just seemed wrong. I would definitely buy it when my skin is drier. Because the healthy glow and smooth skin was just so amazing. Thumbs up! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE