Updated skincare routine for oily skin with acne

About six months ago my skin was absolutely the worst as I have pics for tracking my skin process. My skincare routine consisted of different acids from The Ordinary, African black soap and rose water. The products themselves are actually great, it was just all too much for my skin. Now either my hormones have calmed down or my skincare routine is better, but my skin has improved a lot. Also I got so much more information about important skincare steps from watching Beauty Within's Youtube videos. So now my skincares consists of

  • Bioderma micellar water AM & PM
I absolutely love micellar water. It is so gentle and effective when it comes to removing make-up and any dirt or impurities. I found that when washing my face with other gels and washes, my skin got super dry and flaky. Maybe there's something in the tap water...

  • La Roche-Posay Serozinc spray
After cleansing with micellar water, I like to spray this on and let it sink in. I'm not 100% sure it does anything, but I think toners are important to rebalance skin's pH and prep it for the next products, so I will still use it as toner until it is empty.

  • AM: Clinique iD gel + blue cartridge for pores and uneven texture
I use this new Clinique iD moisturizer to mattify and contain any breakouts that might happen. It's a lovely lightweight gel and I love that Clinique came out with this new way to find a perfect moisturizer to match for your skin needs. My skin still does get oily throughout the day, but otherwise I like it, though I wouldn't repurchase it after it runs out. I feel like there are better moisturizers out there.

  • PM: theOrdinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA & 100% Organic Virgin Chia Seed Oil
I used to apply only theOrdinary's oils after cleansing, but then found out a lot more effective is to apply moisturizer before oils as they don't offer much hydration on their own. I paired these to products and I'm in love. My skin now gets all the moisture it needs during the night, so it won't have to produce so much oil on its own during the day. Facial oils are now a must-have products in my skincare regimen as they are natural and offer many good nutrients for my skin. 

  • The Body Shop Vitamin E eye cube
I love this eye cube so much. It's so easy to apply as it is a stick and it's also so small that it is so travel-friendly. Definitely I would suggest it, if you want some quick refreshment and a light hydration under your eyes.

  • theOrdinary AHA/BHA peeling solution
A great product at a great price. If you are not afraid of using acids on your face, then I would definitely suggest this product. It really helps remove all the dead skin cells from the outer layer of skin and smooths and helps reduce acne and scars. Although you should still be careful with this product, because it may sting bad if your skin is really sensitive at times. I apply for 8 mins once a week.

  • Clay masks
Clay masks are very important for me as micellar water doesn't get all the dirt from my skin, so a nice clay mask 1 or 2 times a week is necessary. I love Origins' masks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE