Dermaceutic Mask 15 Oil Reducing Mask - Review

This Dermaceutic Oil Reducing face mask contains 15% Glycolic Acid, Bentonite and 2% Salicylic Acid, so it's pretty powerful when it comes to ingredients. Depending on the supplier this mask costs around 30–40€ for the 50 ml pot. The description claims this face mask should remove dead skin cells and excess sebum, purify oily and combination skin, which it is recommended for. Introductions say to leave on for 2–4 minutes and use twice a week.



This is another product recommended to me by my cosmetologist to help reduce inflamed bumps that still appear on my chin. Looking at the ingredients list it seemed like it should do at least something. I did as I was directed, which was wait two weeks after the facial and then apply on problematic spots for 20 minutes. This has a quite high % of Glycolic Acid and a powerful clay, so my skin was feeling the heat. For the last few minutes I applied the mask all over my face. The next day my inflammation and some pimples were actually reduced. My skin felt smoother and softer, more even. 



I have been using this mask once a week for a month now and I can say that this has actually helped reduce my acne and inflammation. Because it is quite strong, I prefer to use it as a spot treatment. Usually the next day it has dried out and reduced the size of my bump or pimple, so for me it has proven to be quite effective. Still it is not a miracle cure against acne. I feel like I got carried away with in the beginning and maybe over exfoliated my face a little, so it's important to be careful with strong acids and rather use less than more. 

If you feel like your skin need a stronger match against your acne, I'd suggest to try this out, but to be careful not to over exfoliate.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE