Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Review

Oily skin is annoying and so are blemishes. Since school is starting, I was hoping that a BB cream could help me. There aren't many BB creams for oily skin in the market. So after a lot of research, I decided to try the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream Oil-Free in Light. This is perfect for combination to oily skin. I was really skeptical about this, because the Garnier BB creams I've tried before, were so bad. They were so greasy and orange. 


Price 10€
This product is supposed to mattify, reduce the appearance of imperfections, boost radiance, hydrate and protect from the sun (SPF 20). This contains mattifying agents and mineral pigments. Has no parabens.  

The package is simple and cute, it only leaks a little. The cream itself is more of a fluid, so it melts into the skin. This leaves skin instantly matte and is super lightweight. Though I wish this was more adaptable to skin tone. Because the shade is a bit dark and orange for my skin tone, but still looks natural. So it's like I've seen the Sun. I would say this has a light to medium coverage as this is buildable. I feel my face getting shiny already after 2 hours, with and without moisturiser underneath. That's really disappointing, because this seems really mattifying. But that shine in the T-zone can be blotted or powdered away. Though when it's gets really shiny in the middle of the day, it starts to look gross, as the oil from my skin starts wearing it away. Also not the best for flaky skin.

Does this BB cream do it all that Garnier says? It is really mattifying, for a few hours. Though this depends on my activities, the weather and how sweaty I am on that day. Because sometimes this wears nicely throughtout the day, but other times it looks bad after 3 hours. It does cover my blemishes, yet leaves them visible. Offering a natural looking finish and less redness. Because it still is a BB cream, not a foundation. I guess this makes me look more radiant as this makes me tanner and more orange, but not in a bad way. I'm not sure how much this hydrates, maybe a little. I am so happy that this has SPF 20. Because I was out without sunscreen and my face was so red. This covered the redness and protected me. 

I think there could be better BB creams for oily skin. It's just sad that there aren't many creams that are specifically for combination/oily skin that effectively help reduce oiliness, yet moisturise skin. Also not breaking the bank. This Garnier one does a good job and is a lot better than the other BB creams I've tried. Really good for summer and a great time saver in the mornings. But I will probably not repurchase this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE