Eau Thermale Avéne Cleanance Expert - Review

My skin was driving me crazy, so I decided to try out Eau Thermale Avéne Cleanance Expert.


20,85€


Cleanance EXPERT Emulsion is for spots, blackheads and mild to moderate blemishes. The Cleanance range is suitable for oily, acne prone skin. It's also hypoallergenic and non comedogenic.

Its benefits:
Diolényl™*- a patented innovation developed by Pierre Fabre Research with a selective triple action to limit the risk of bacterial proliferation, reduces redness and helps eliminate spots.
X-Pressin™*- helps reduce blackheads and smoothes the skin's texture.
Monolaurin*- regulates the hyperproduction of sebum.
Avéne Thermal Spring Water- provides all its soothing and anti-irritating benefits.
* Patents pending.

Directions for use: apply morning and/or evening to the face after using a face wash. Cleanance EXPERT can be used alone or in combination  with a local medical treatment.

I applied this after I washed my face with Avene Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser in the mornings and evenings. At first I used this product with a benzoyl peroxide gel 10% and these worked together very well, but then I didn't see any results anymore. So I used it on its own.

You don't need a big amount of this product when applying. The emulsion lasts about 1-2 months when you use this daily in the mornings and evenings. It's very gentle, has a light smell, doesn't irritate, has a good texture and mattifies.

After using this product for 
  • 1 week - There are less bumps, no breakouts, some whiteheads have come and gone, but the appearance of my skin hasn't really changed.
  • 2 week - Skin is smoother, but blemishes are still here. More whiteheads have come and gone, it feels like they're trying to press through, which is unpleasant.
  • 3 week - I have had three bad pimples, blemishes are more inflamed (but that could be the sun, sweating, chlorine and unhealthy foods). Seems like this isn't really doing anything anymore.
  • 4 week - Some days my skin is more clearer, others not so much, before bed I apply benzoyl peroxide and Avéne, in the morning I use only Avéne. Blackheads on my nose are actually smaller than before, but my skin is still a mess.
Overall my skin is in a better condition than before using this product. This has helped my skin clear a little, but I still have lots of spots and blackheads, of course clearing skin takes time. I didn't have any breakouts, but some bigger pimples showed up. I won't repurchase this.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE