Vita Liberata Ten Minute Tan - Review

Since I don't tan my face and use SPF 50, I have to play catch up somehow and this Ten Minute Tan for face and body by Vita Liberata seemed like a good solution. I'll be honest though, I don't think I would've bought it, I got it for free. 


At first the scent caught me off guard. It's not really pleasant, but luckily it disappears quickly. For body I'd definitely use an applicatior mitt, but for my face I didn't. The texture is pretty sticky and it isn't easy to apply, especially a hefty amount like it says. Also it seems that if using for your whole body, you'd run out of the product pretty fast. I somehow managed so spread this evenly across my face and I left this sticky yellowish/brownish film on for about 12 minutes before rinsing. It says that it takes 6 hours to develop, I saw results the next day. The next day I could also smell the DHA signature scent a bit. A lot of reviews said that this mask didn't work. For me it did, but probably because I'm so fair toned and I go for more of a sunkissed glow rather than a full on a couple shades darker tan. If you're looking for a real tan, this product won't give you that. Maybe if you let it sit longer or use it more often, but I'm not sure if it would still give that desired look. For my pale skin, this is really good, so that I don't look like I haven't seen the sun for years.

This glow/tan lasts for a couple of days and fades out pretty evenly. I feel like this mask also did some resurfacing on my face, because it did sting in a few places and after rinsing some new bumps had surfaced and old ones developed a whitehead, so not sure if that's good or not. But nothing too major.

Overall for this price I expected more from the texture, feeling on skin, application and the tan doesn't exceed any expectations, so I wouldn't really recommend it for this price. But I like that it's a mask, making it easier to achieve that sun-kissed look if you already have a specific skincare routine and you don't want to use other self-tanning products.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE