Getting a facial treatment for the first time

Yeah, after dealing with acne for about 5 years, I finally got the courage to go to a beautician/esthetician and get a facial treatment. Firstly, it was not easy to find a good place to go to, because there are so many and you want to make sure they won't make anything worse, so do your research and check the reviews.

First of all the lady was super nice and I laid on the table, when just her reaction to the situation on my skin terrified me. My skin is not that bad, like she said, but still it's pretty serious. She said that she won't guarantee perfect skin or that the pimples won't come back ever, but with regular visits and correct skincare regimen, we could make the situation a lot better.

So I was there about an hour and a half. Firstly, she applied a mask that had a burning sensation. A lot of clients apparently even make noises or breathe harder, because of the pain, but since I'm kind of used to the sensation due to The Ordinary's AHA/BHA peel, it wasn't really that bad for me. The Danné peel/mask was supposed to resurface all of the gunk trapped in my skin. So then came the pimple popping and damn that was unpleasant, but necessary. It was good that she got lots of the dirt and pus out, but still pretty painful and uncomfortable. After that I got an enzyme mask and a little massage.

When she told that my skin won't become better with only facials and I would need certain products she had, I honestly rolled my eyes. I already have my routine and different products that are pretty good, so it was kinda hard to think about purchasing more products that are even more expensive. But when she handed the pHformula products to me, I knew they were good. PHformula is a brand that provides many great facial treatments.

After the treatment my chin was pretty red and spotty, because well my chin is pretty inflamed and in a bad condition due to the hormones. During pimple popping when she said that all the pus and bacteria gather under the skin into little pockets and when there is no pore opening, it will just sit there as a painful red bump. Also my pores are apparently pretty small, so it's no wonder why I have more red bumps than white heads. Just when she was pressing on my chin after the resurfacing mask, a lot of pus came out from different pores and just her talking about it made me grossed out and I got a bit depressed.

Acne feels like a never ending battle and I really hate it and want to get rid of it. And I feel so hopeless when even a professional says there is no 100% guarantee of curing it. She even said that she officially got rid of her acne at the age of 27. So yeah, but I'm still pretty glad that I decided to take on this expensive journey and I guess we'll see how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE