Skin care routine for oily/combination/acne prone skin

17 and still struggling. I have tried so many different skin care products and visited 3 dermatologists. Finally I've put together a skin care routine that works for me. I have oily skin (sometimes combination) and acne. Actually now my acne has calmed down. A few blemishes and acne scars. Less is more, so I tried to find simple products. Here is my 3-step routine:

1. Eau Thermale Avéne Cleanance Cleansing Gel

I came back to this product, because this is simple and effective. Read my review of this product here.



2. LUSH Tea Tree Water

Toner is important, because it closes pores and removes any make-up or cleanser residue. Many facial toners contain alcohol, but that's actually really bad for your skin. This LUSH tea tree water is natural, contains only a few ingredients that are tea tree water, grapefruit water, juniperberry water, limonene, perfume, methylparaben (the last two are safe synthetics). It has a good price at 12€ for the amount.  I spray it a few times on a cotton pad and sweep across my face. Toner leaves my skin matte and fresh. I love it.



3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Oily skin is so annoying. Also more oil, more acne. This moisturizer actually leaves my skin matte longer than other products. Also it's super moisturizing. I love the soothing oil-free gel, because it doesn't clog pores and keeps oil away.


I use all of these products every morning and night. To keep acne away I apply prescription acne treatments(Skinoren and Differin).

I used to exfoliate my face 2-3 times a week. But when I read somewhere that face scrubs actually cause more harm, I stopped using them. And I don't miss it. My skin is a lot better now. There are so many products and it's difficult to find the one, but try not to get swept up in all the miracle products and keep it simple. Be gentle with your skin.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE