Clinique Superdefense SPF 20 Day Cream - Review

High school days are a lot longer and when I get home all I want to do is sleep. School has been  draining my creativity. So it's been so hard to get inspired to write posts, even reviews. But a month ago when my skin was worse and I wanted a good moisturiser to protect from little sun we have and keep my skin healthy. Clinique has always been in my radar, but come on over 40€ for a day cream? No, thank you.

Well, I am here now with the 40€ Clinique Superdefense SPF 20 day cream. And it is totally worth it!



I love that Clinique's creams are all made for different skin types. At first I thought it was just this one cream for all, but then I saw the packages had different numbers on them (1 - Dry; 2 - Dry Combination; 3,4 - Combination to Oily).  So pay attention to the packages!

Why Clinique Superdefense day cream? This cream is supposed to protect your skin from pollution and help skin become healthy. All-day hydration creates a moisture barrier so skin could better resist irritants. This cream has antioxidants and UVA/UVB protection.

My skin needed antioxidants, hydration and repairing. Also I burned my face a couple of times in the beginning of autumn, so now SPF is a must-have. I researched  creams for a long time, it took me too long. But I wanted to find the best cream and not just waste my money again. It was really difficult to finally decide on this cream.


Superdefense cream is in a classic clean green sleek jar. I found out that the antioxidants start to break down when exposed to oxygen, taking away the purpose of this Superdefense cream. I don't know if this is 100% true. Just in case I always super quickly open and close.  First the cream's thick formula got me worrying if it will clog pores or make my skin too oily. It is quite lightweight, but thick. It still can be pretty easily blended into the skin. But so far I haven't had any clogged pores. After it's applied my skin gets a bit irritated and doesn't look that good with the cream still absorbing into the skin. But after 10 minutes when skin's Ph levels should have been restored, it leaves a good semi-matte finish.

Overall my oily skin gets shiny only when I am a bit active, it's hot or humid. Otherwise it stays pretty shine-free. Also my skin has a more radiance and it's a lot smoother. This isn't caused my skin to breakout or clogged my pores.


I feel so comfortable and good going out, because I know this cream protects my skin from the sun and pollution, but also keeps it healthy and hydrated. Yes, it is the most expensive skincare or makeup product I own, but it is also the most amazing skincare product I've ever used.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE