Best sunscreens for oily / acne-prone skin - my TOP 5

When using any acne treatments, sun protection is a must as skin is more sensitive and sun can cause more damage, especially if you have any spots from acne trying to heal. Well overall sun is not a friend for skin, so I apply SPF50 every day. Re-application throughout the day is something I need to work on though...

But it can be quite difficult to find good sunscreens that work well with oily skin and not be the cause for more acne. So I've tried quite many different sun protection creams and overall I've had no issues with them, so this review is more based on the texture, feeling and finish on skin.

5. Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch
This fluid absorbs fast without leaving a white cast, even adds a bit of a glow, while remaining lightweight and matte. I even apply a bit of moisturizer afterwards, which I think says a lot about this sunscreen for my oily skin. The Babe sunscreen hasn't caused my skin to breakout or any sensitivity, it has only protected me from ever getting a tan.


4. Babe Super Fluid sunscreen SPF 50
This sunscreen isn't specifically for oily skin, so no mattifying effect. However during winter I was looking for more moisture for those sunny days outside and this sunscreen with hyaluronic acid seemed to be right for the job. The formula is truly super fluid as it is super runny and spreadable. The texture is nice, smooth, lightweight and moisturising. Leaves my skin looking a bit glowy with its silky finish. Seems like a moisturizer. So if you don't mind the glowy look or are looking for a bit more moisture, this sunscreen is truly nice, great option for all skin types. I love the packaging – so compact and small, but comfortable and still the basic 50 ml.


3. BioNike Acteen Sun Cream-Gel SPF 50+
This sunscreen will definitely give you a matte look with a slight glow. Feels really lightweight and comfortable even when my skin's oiliness came through. I'd say for acne-prone skin this is really great as you will feel clean and protected. Most importantly this leaves no whitecast! This is quite similar to the Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch, but I preferred this more due to the clean feeling and packaging was more compact and formula felt nicer.


2. Australian Gold Botanical SPF50 Tinted Face (Fair-Light)
What first attracted me was the fact that this sunscreen is 100% a mineral sunscreen, which is especially great for oily skin looking for a matte felling and look. Mineral sunscreen usually leaves a whitecast, which is why I hadn't looked for one earlier, but the tint will remove that issue. Tinted sunscreen seemed also like a great idea as I still have some pimples here and there and post-acne pigmentation, but I don't enjoy wearing make-up everyday. The slight tint / light coverage makes me feel a little bit better. This also had raving reviews, which was quite surprising as I hadn't heard much about it. This sunscreen is a bit pricier compared to others in this list, but its 89 ml instead of the 50 ml other sunscreens are on this list. For my super fair skin, this warm undertoned tint is slightly darker than I'd like, but great for that summer glowy tan look. It feels and looks quite matte and lightweight. I have really enjoyed wearing it this far.


1. La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra-Light Sunscreen SPF 50+
Why I decided to give this sunscreen the first place – overall ticks all the boxes for oily skin looking to be protected from the sun. For a reason this is one of the most recommended sunscreen for oily skin. Mattifying, lightweight, no whitecast, great for sensitive skin, water resistant – what else do you need? Been trying to get my hands on the mineral tinted version as well, but no luck yet as it seems to be quite popular.
 



Honorable mention:
Inno-Derma Sunblock UVP 50+ for oily skin
The most expensive sunscreen I've used, but unfortunately not the best. The texture felt dry on my skin and I needed a bigger amount of product that I would've liked for this price. Still it was very mattifying and lightweight, which is great for summer, but very similar to BioNike Acteen Sun Cream-Gel, so comparing the prices, I'd buy the BioNike. But at least it was a mineral sunscreen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE