African Black Soap for oily acne-prone skin - Review

Finding a good gentle natural cleanser for acne-prone skin isn't easy. As dermatologists usually point to pharmacy brands, such as Avéne, which contain alcohol, my skin wasn't happy with the chemical compounds. But a few organic cleansers I tried weren't also the best... So after scrolling through many Instagram self-care and glow up pages, I saw that mostly women swore by African black soap. Although it's pretty cheap and good, it wasn't really easy to get hands on it in Estonia. And I finally found one for 6,50€ on gaiacosmetics.ee


It lasts for a loooong time, if taken care of it and preserved correctly. I found that the best way to keep this soap fresh is by cutting it into small pieces and keeping it in the zip-lock bag as humidity and air can make it expire faster and start growing some sort of mould on it. So every time you wash your face you take a piece of soap, rub it between your hands with water until it foams and apply the foam to your face. It isn't a good idea to rub the soap on your face cause it can contain sharp pieces that can really harm skin. Since it's made of organic ingredients and contains oil like coconut oil, then it isn't drying at all and leaves skin nice and clean. It really gentle on my skin, although sometimes it can put my pH levels off balance. I really saw my skin calming and clearing after I started using it as part of my new skincare routine (of course other products also played a part in this). When I switched my cleanser to Lush's fresh cleanser, which caused me to breakout, so after 2 weeks of using Lush, I switched back to this black soap and I started clearing up again. 



So I do recommend this if you're looking for a natural effective cleanser and don't mind bar soaps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE