Dyeing blonde hair ROSE GOLD with Joico Color Intensity Semi-Permanent Blush + Rose Gold - Review

Rose gold trend is clearly not slowing down any time soon and it really shouldn't, because it's a pretty cute colour. I'm glad that Joico offers people a chance to dye their hair at home with their semi-permanent colours (which means they wash out after some washes). Joico has a wide variety of colors, but I went for blush and rose gold as my friend suggested, beacuse the rose gold tone might be a tad bit too bronze/orange, while mixing it with blush, you can get this more pinkish rose gold. 





Also it's a good thing that I bought two colours, because I emptied these two tubes right away. One costs about 15,9€, so I pretty much paid the same amount at home as I might have at hair dressers. Also beware that if you have long thick hair, you might have to purchase at least one tube more. If you have short hair, one tube should be enough.




My hair is a level 9–10 blonde, so I was a bit afraid that the colours might be too bright and intense for me, I added some conditioner to the mix to dilute it a bit.




Before applying the colour I watched a Youtube video from Joico on how to apply these semi-permanent colours, so I'd definitely recommend to check it out before going ahead with this. The dye was quite difficult to apply to the hair as it didn't really want to stick and there were many blonde streaks left even after I tried my hardest to apply and massage in more dye. The good thing with this non-sticky formula is that you don't need to use gloves to apply the dye and it comes right out if the dye touches something. If you have long hair, you should get someone to help, especially to apply the dye to the back of the head. Another thing is that if you dilute it too much, the colour can wash out pretty quickly, so I kept the colour on my hair 10 minutes longer than suggested aka 30 minutes.


After washing the dye out, it looked a lot darker, so I was even a bit nervous and excited, but when it dried, this was the result and I was quite happy with it. There were still some blonde streaks here and there, but I can barely see it and I actually think that makes my hair seem more dynamic. Since dyeing my hair, I've washed it once and it is a shade lighter already, but I hope that it'll still have at least some rose gold hue for a couple of weeks.

This rose gold shade is just fun, pink, flattering and natural enough for everyone to try.

UPDATE: It took about a month for the colour to completely wash out. For the longest time my hair was this in between shade and to be honest I quite loved it and now I miss it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE