A year of regular facial treatments for acne - My skin UPDATE!

A year ago I decided to get help from a professional to deal with my hormonal acne. I've gotten 11 facial treatments from my cosmetologist and spent almost 550€ on them. And now I'll talk about the results.

Getting a facial treatment for something as serious as my hormonal acne isn't going to "cure" my skin right away. It's more of a journey unfortunately. And the facials alone won't do the trick, you need a certain skincare routine as well. So how has it worked out for me?

The first few times my skin wasn't really sure what was going on, but there actually were improvements. I had less inflamed red bumps on my chin and my cheeks and forehead started clearing up. I thought that this was it, the solution I had been searching for! Well, not exactly. Through the summer my skin wasn't actually that bad, it only started getting better. Then I mostly had to deal with acne scars and we (me and my cosmetologist) were actually looking into trying different facials, because most of my active acne was gone. Like how was that possible?? Every month I took a no make-up selfie just so I could see my skin's improvements and in November, which was six-seven months since the first facial, my skin was the best it had been since before me getting acne. I barely wore make-up, I felt so beautiful and happy. But...

In December I started seeing that some bumps were beginning to appear underneath the skin and a few days before the New Year's I was genuinely upset, because my skin was feeling uncomfortable and inflamed. In January over a few weeks I got more and more new bumps and pimples, although I had no school, so stress shouldn't have been a factor. I also didn't eat junk food and tried to avoid sweets and drink lots of water, but like no matter what I did or didn't do, my skin just kept getting worse. In February my skin was even worse than the first time I went to the cosmetologist. Every day I kind of wanted to cry, because all this hard work and money invested whas gone to waste. Now I feel like my skin is restarting and starting to heal again, but it's just so sad that within a year my skin went from bad to amazing to the worst.

What I am thankful for though is that my cheeks and my forehead have been pretty clear. Like sure once in a while I get a smaller pimple or two there, but overall even acne scars have faded. Unfortunately, my hormones just keep torturing my chin and upper lip area. But overall my skin's texture now looks and feels healthier and is able to heal faster when new bumps and pimples come and go.

Another thing is that because I really want my skin to improve, it is motivating me to change my eating habits healthier. I rarely eat white bread and so much less gluten and sugar than before, I no longer buy any sweets (extremely rarely and then even something that contains less sugar), I stopped drinking caffeine and I started working out two-three times a week, so I've made some lifestyle changes, which is a good thing and can hopefully calm my acne.

I still would recommend getting facials, especially from a medical cosmetologist, because they can really help your skin based on your individual needs, but it's important to be wary that skin still might act out and some major lifestyle changes may be needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

pHformula A.C. Recovery and P.O.S.T Recovery Cream - Review

Babe Facial Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF50+ Dry Touch - Review

DMK Danne Alkaline Wash for acne scars- MY EXPERIENCE